Enjoy the best of both worlds:
The sea portion
The new 120' Cayman Aggressor V has 7 crew. There are 3 twin and 5 deluxe cabins and 2 balcony suites, each with individual air conditioning, en suite facilities and hairdryer.
The Salon is also HUGE
There is plenty of room to relax with your computer and look at your photos, assemble cameras, or just read. Cathy meets with those who need to solve problems, share ideas, or just chat. There are no rules except to be polite.
More areas to relax
Between dives nap in the shade on the sun deck, or on cushioned lounges in the sun, or even in a Jacuzzi!
Every day starts with a cooked to order breakfast then a buffet lunch. Dinner is served with elegant table-side service featuring salads, vegetables, seafood, beef or chicken with a fresh homemade dessert.
Fresh produce is readily available and their menu includes variety to suit all tastes and diets.
Now for the important parts--The underwater photography opportunities!!
Diving starts in Grand Cayman
Our first dives in Grand Cayman will start with a long three-hour shallow macro dive. You can relax and let the creative ideas flow and spend enough time to get the subject just right and to get your buoyancy and camera systems fine tuned. On the second day we will do a wall dive for the unique photos available at Orange Canyon or NW point or even Big Tunnel.
In Little Cayman, the wall starts shallow and you can stay there for a long time, or drop down into deeper water and explore the sheer vertical drop-off. No where else is there diving just like the Bloody Bay Wall of Little Cayman! It is easy, plentiful, and gorgeous. Bring your wide angle lens for scenic photos and your macro too, and your medium lens for fish and your video for the groupers, and your big memory cards and extra batteries for quick change between dives and your Nitrox card! Every one must be Nitrox certified so you can enjoy more leisurely diving and less fatigue.
Photography trips with Cathy Church
The best reason to join Cathy on a dive trip is because she brings along EXTRA back-up camera gear in case YOU have a breakdown! The best insurance policy ever! She will contact each guest in advance to find out exactly what you are bringing, and will ask you to send a photo of the assembled system (unless she has already known your system from earlier classes and trips). She can then plan her back-up systems accordingly.
Cathy will be available throughout this trip to answer questions, help with problems, critique as needed to troubleshoot or just to admire your photos. If you have topics in particular that you would like Cathy to do a presentation on, Cathy is quite happy to do that on the boat. However, sometimes the best learning is one-on-one at your computer discussing your photos.
And one more advantage, Cathy is there to make sure that you are getting the care you need, the dives you want, and the services above and underwater that you are expecting. Cathy is also there in case another guest is making you feel uncomfortable or is disrupting your ability to enjoy the trip. Fortunately, Cathy has been called upon to do this only about three times in her more than 50 trips, but Cathy has nipped several issues in the bud before anyone even knew about it.
Cost for this Cayman Islands adventure at Sunset House and aboard the Cayman Aggressor V depends on your room choices. Here are three sample packages, but any combination of room choice is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Package One: Courtyard room at Sunset House and a Twin room aboard the Cayman Aggressor V: $4470.00. For a single at Sunset House add $303.00 and for a single on Aggressor add $2895.
Package Two: Ocean View room at Sunset House and a Deluxe room on Aggressor: $4910.00. For a single at Sunset House add $392.00 and for a single on Aggressor add $3095.
Package Three: Suite at both Sunset House and Aggressor: $5154.00. For a single at Sunset House add $436.00 and for a single on Aggressor add $3295.
These prices include:
• Three nights at Sunset House.
• Pizza Party/orientation dinner on arrival night hosted at the photo centre
• Daily breakfast at Sea Harvest Restaurant at Sunset House
• Two morning two (or three tank) boat dives and unlimited shore and shore night diving with Sunset Divers, with tanks, weights & weight belts.
• Instruction and coaching with two instructors plus Cathy from noon to 6 pm on arrival day, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm on the 25th and 26th and 9 am to 3 pm on the 27th. Private classes on earlier days or other hours are available and billed by the hour.
• Transfer from Airport to Sunset House and transfer from Sunset House to the Aggressor. You are on your own to get from the Aggressor back to the airport.
• Seven nights accommodations aboard the Aggressor, (per person, based on double occupancy) boarding mid afternoon of the 27th, disembarking on the morning of July 4.
• All meals, snacks and beverages on the Aggressor up to the mid day meal on the July 3. Dinner at Casanova restaurant on the 3rd is not included by Aggressor but is included in your package with Cathy and includes beer and wine and a set menu with several choices.
• All diving activities.
• $95.00 port fee.
• Coaching/lectures/critique/troubleshooting/back-up equipment from 7 am to 9 pm available to the group from Cathy above water. Limited assistance underwater as Cathy will be taking her own camera into the water.
• Airfare to Grand Cayman
• Gratuities for photo instructors, Sunset dive staff and Aggressor staff
• Travel insurance is always important for an overseas dive trip,
• Diver insurance is required
Reservation information -- To be determined. This section is still under construction:
To reserve send a check to our office at 217 E. Olive Ave, Fresno, CA 93728 or call with credit card information. There is approximately a 2.5% credit card surcharge for all portions paid for with credit card. We accept all major credit cards EXCEPT American Express.
$1000.00 with reservation
If a cancellation is made...