The Olympus TG4 is Cathy's Point and Shoot recommendation!
TG4 is waterproof to 50 feet without a housing, and 130 feet with the housing. It is a simple camera that goes beyond Point and shoot
This new model also shoots in RAW!
• If you handle the outside of the camera with wet, salty fingers, you can't hurt it! It is waterproof
•16 MP, with a large CMOS sensor, produces great exposure latitude for those difficult light beam photos, etc.
What puts it beyond the norm? (in addition to wi-fi and GPS.)
• The first of its kind to shoot RAW still images! A game changer!
• It has Aperture priority with three f/stops, f2, f2.8 and f8. This allows you to gain depth of field for your close-ups when using an external strobe!!
• Port on the camera allows the addition of Olympus wide-angle and telephoto lenses
• Easy, add-on wet wide and macro lenses can be screwed into the threaded housing with an additional step up ring.
• Adding an external TTL flash with fiber optic cord. Among the strobes that you can add are the low cost SeaLife SeaDragon for auto or manually controlled lighting. Although more expensive, the Sea and Sea YS 01 allows accurate TTL strobe exposure. The top of the line would be the or the YS D1 full TLL and enough power to allow beautiful lighting with the f8 setting up to two feet away. The results with this set-up are stunning.
• The flash fires and the camera will TTL even in super macro mode!